Reduce Sales Churn by Having a Great Hiring Process
#SalesChats: Episode 51
Hiring good salespeople has been a struggle for many sales organizations, but it really doesn’t have to be. Jane Gentry discusses how to reduce sales churn in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• Why the sales function is the number three hardest organization to find talent for
• The biggest mistakes that organizations face, including HR people not being equipped to hire for sales roles
• Tips for helping HR hire better salespeople, including how to interview for a good salesperson
• How to understand the ways to assess an individual’s sales competencies before they are hired
• The most common assessment tools that organizations use are often the ones that are mostly unsuccessful in determining sales talent
• How to write and recruit in ways that attract good salespeople
• The biggest mistakes in sales recruitment, and how to stop making these mistakes
• Commitment and ability to be trained are more valuable than already skilled salespeople that will leave early and won’t adapt to the culture
• The importance of role clarity in hiring salespeople
• How to filter out the people who are poor candidates
• Ensuring you have a sales leader that measures the right things at the right time and will coach well
• A great person in a bad culture with bad manager still won’t be successful
Jane Gentry leverages 25 years of experience with Fortune 500 clients to help mid-market companies grow revenue by solving key sales issues like: process, client engagement, leadership, relationship management and hiring. She speaks worldwide on topics about sales growth and leadership.
About Our Host
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.