About Thomas Kolditz:
Thomas Kolditz is an American retired Brigadier General, an educator, author, and consultant. Kolditz has served 34 years in the military and is the author of In Extremis Leadership: Leading as if Your Life Depended on It, which was based on more than 175 interviews taken on the ground in Iraq during combat operations. He has been named a top leadership Thought Leader by the Leader to Leader Institute and has appeared as an expert on more than a dozen national and international news agencies.
Expert insight interview with Thomas the following topic are covered:
- What are the common characteristics of In Extremis Leadership?
- How to establish a good level of trust particularly in situations where people’s lives are literally depending on you? How do you develop that level of trust where somebody goes rely on your so much?
- One of the points that you follow is you try to build things through social interactions and it seems like over the last number of years the pendulum has swung very far over there where it is all about creating this collegial environment, getting together and wearing the same color t-shirts and all of this kind of stuff that seems very little. What are Thomas’s views on the same?
- How do you know that your leader is competent if you never actually see them in action or you only see the results of their decisions?
- When you are actually in the crisis month and the crisis hits, your initial job as a leader is to take the temperature down a bit and start looking at things clearly as opposed to everybody just running crazy. What is the perception of Thomas on that?
Extremis Leadership – Leading As If Your Life Depended On It!
This is counted as an extraordinary book that explains the research of author; Thomas Kolditz on in extremis leadership where followers perceive their lives to be threatened reveals that the leadership lessons and principles in evidence in dangerous settings also apply to lead in business and everyday life.
The book shows how leadership literally defines the promise of hope or future life and those extremely capable leaders are needed in all walks of life. It describes a variety of high-risk situations that are ideal settings to seek and find great leaders, assess how they might be different, and to glean valuable insights for extraordinary leadership in our everyday lives.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.