Is the Monthly Newsletter Dead?
#SalesChats Episode 13
There are dozens of great ways to market to consumers, but one that hasn’t been very talked about is the monthly newsletter. This is an old-school way of networking and providing information to leads that many salespeople have disregarded as outdated. But are they missing out on revenue by not utilizing this method of marketing? Edward van der Kleijn talks about the effectiveness of newsletters in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
Van Der Kleijn explains:
- How the newsletter is beneficial, especially at the beginning of the sales cycle
- The importance of keeping current prospects engaged while in the buying funnel, and how newsletters can do that
- The various kinds of newsletters that can be targeted to specific people and kinds of leads in order to provide relevant information to each person on an individual level
- Why newsletters are a good catch-all to interest a variety of people
- The best places to source newsletter content
- How to best organize the content for your newsletters in a way that is seamlessly integrated into your everyday tasks, and won’t take exorbitant time
- Measuring the effectiveness of your newsletter to understand if it is effective or not
- How social media has been a distraction away from classic marketing techniques, and how newsletters are making a comeback now that the social media hype has died down
- Why people still enjoy and still want to read newsletters
Edward van der Kleijn
Edward is a high-energy, high-intensity sales and marketing activation specialist using proven methods to generate 7-Figure sales results. Since the dawn of the modern computer age, Edward has been an avid follower and a trainer of office, CRM and marketing apps. He has embraced new technology and loves to keep himself up to date with the latest on sales training, social media marketing, marketing strategy and technology news.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.