About Rhett Power:
Rhett Power co-founded Wild Creations in 2007 and quickly built the startup toy company into one of the fastest-growing businesses in South Carolina and now he travels the globe speaking about entrepreneurship and management. He and his team won over 40 national awards for their innovative toys. Recently he was named one of the world’s top 100 business bloggers and in 2018 the Best Small Business Coach in the United States.
John Golden and Rhett Power go over these topics:
People define leadership in different ways. Know the views of Rhett Power on the concept of ‘Leadership’!
- In today’s world, communication is a more complex thing than it ever was before. One of the reasons behind that is people receive information in so many different ways and has many different preferences and biases. Does this make the job of a leader a bit more challenging?
- These days, we have this distributed workforce where people never meet each other face to face and use tools to communicate. This raises some kind of challenges to the leader to create a cohesive culture. How to tackle this?
- Is there a difference in leadership in different countries and culture?
- Is it hard to be a leader if you don’t have good communication or you don’t learn how to communicate in a concise fashion?
- Being able to communicate things concisely or good communication is very important but trust and integrity is a huge part too and these are something that comes with time and with the evidence of your action. What are Rhett views on the same?
- People are always looking to get into some kind of predictable rhythm because it feels comfortable to them but after a while, you realize that it’s actually a detriment as things need to be more dynamic. How to tackle this?
- How do leaders stay calm and still motivate other people as they are also feeling the pressure themselves? How do they sure that they don’t transfer the stress on to everybody?
Companies go through different circumstances and it becomes really difficult to stay motivated and inspired throughout the whole journey. In time, inspirational and guiding books can help you proceed in the right direction.
At the end of the day, it’s all about understanding – what is the purpose of the company and what it is doing and what benefits it is bringing to the end-users. It includes services, product, quality, and a lot more.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.