Driving Sales Results Through Sales Manager Enablement
#SalesChats: Episode 23
Everyone has heard of sales enablement, but sales management enablement is less heard of. Often, we’re so focused on the sales aspects and not the sales management aspects. Sales management enablement is the act of selecting, training, coaching, preparing, and supporting the frontline sales managers to manage their sales team to more effectively serve their buyers and achieve their sales objectives. Mike Kunkle discusses sales manager enablement in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The necessity of providing training for sales managers, especially if they have been promoted from the sales staff
- The differences and similarities between the sales manager role and the salesperson role
- How to drive results through others, and the challenges that come along with this task
- A sales management system that helps a manager do their job and provides tools to help managers hire more effectively
- Identifying barriers to the sales managers doing their job, and eliminating them
- The difference between coaching and management
- How to help your team turn leads into opportunities, manage those opportunities using pipeline software, effectively manage the pipeline, and utilize account management
- How to lead your team with meetings, training, and coaching sessions
- Techniques to make drastic, positive changes in management style
- The best ways to understand and analyze data and metrics, and use that technology provided information in the most efficient ways possible
- How to get sales managers focused on the entire sales funnel, instead of just zooming in on the last few stages of the sales process
- The importance of top-down support in sales management
- How to make time for sales management, and still get all of your other tasks done
- The messages that we send inadvertently to our sales team, and how to make sure you’re sending the right message
- How to create engagement and loyalty through authentic, genuine leadership
Mike helps companies radically improve sales performance through disciplined and focused execution of a systems approach to sales (sales selection, sales support, sales learning, and sales management systems), which includes talent management, sales process, sales methodology, and sales technology.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.