James Newell created Clear Sales Message in 2017 as he transitioned from a successful career in the corporate sales environment to finding and following his passion running his own sales consultancy. Having supplied £600M worth of vehicles to his clients over 12 years and have never missed a sales target in that time; James sought to distill the “secrets” that contributed to his performance and to use this to train others.
James is the author of the book Clear Sales Message which is also the name of his company.
Here we are discussing the following points:
- A company spends a lot of time in marketing, getting the message right and the value proposition and all of that. Then, it’s you who rely on your salespeople to actually carry that message forward. Often times, salespeople are a little bit disconnected from the original messages and they make up their own so depending on whom you are interacting with as a person or the company for the first time, you may be getting very different messages. What are James’ views regarding the same?
- Where is the breakdown because your company spends a lot of time on the messaging and other activities and people wouldn’t create their own business cards or logo?
- The reality is that the best performing sales organizations are very clear in their messaging and process as they follow an exact process and connected so well with the overall message of the company. How to follow an exact strategy to avail better outcomes?
- Why it is necessary to stay on the message of the company especially when people try to take you in all sorts of directions?
- What is the role of the management in terms of like sales manager and marketing management about really getting alignment and making sure that the messaging is clear and it is flowing all the way through the organization?
Clear Sales Message –
If you want more confidence in presenting your products or services or you want to increase your sales or you are looking for a catchy tagline or short way to present what you do, then this is the right investment for you.
Through this book, you will learn about a number of things and some of them are: how to define precisely what you do, how to explain what you do in an engaging way, how to identify what differentiates you from the competition, how to identify the real “selling points” of your product or service, what a Clear Sales Message is, and a lot more.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.