- Why is ethics and building trust so important in sales?
- Why is building trust so critical in today’s sales environment?
- What is the real way to get around commoditization of products and services?
- Are honesty and trustworthiness the same thing?
Today it’s a highly competitive sales environment—and it truly requires building trust and an element of ethics to survive, let along succeed. Key components to building trust include:
- Goal alignment, and understanding the goal orientation of your customer
- Beating the status quo
- The coming together of the “inside-outsider” and the “outside-insider”
- Fully understanding all the players in an opportunity
- A willingness to make a sacrifice or sacrifices in the short term to gain the long game
There are mistakes that can be made, too, when trying to build trust, that act as land mines to your sales effort. The first of these can be the “my” viewpoint—it’s all about “my product,” “my client” and “my presentation.” The key to dealing with this is developing that all-important—for today’s sales—sense of empathy.
About Our Guest
Adrian Davis is a professional speaker, author and strategic consultant. He empowers chief executives and sales leaders to create profitable growth through strategic client relationships. He is a provoking speaker addressing senior management and sales groups on strategy and competitive advantage.
About Our Host
John Golden is the Amazon Best Selling Author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories. He recently published his second book Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged thought leader, John has a passion for small to medium businesses. He is CMO and CSO at Pipeliner CRM.
Pipeliner CRM totally empowers salespeople in building trust. Download a free trial now.