Dr. Russell Thackeray is the driving force and principal consultant of QED. Building on a range of operational, strategic and investment experience, Russell delivers pragmatic and robust development through speaking, training or coaching. Building on a range of operational, strategic and investment experience, Russell delivers pragmatic and robust development through speaking, training or coaching. His implementation skills include operational management, executive coaching and more.
Here we are discussing the following points:
- Today we will be talking about sales resilience with Russell Thackeray. If you don’t have resilience, you should not be in sales.
- It is often seen that things are not be going the way you want them to proceed. So what differentiates the successful from the unsuccessful? Successful people keep pushing even if things are not going their way. Russell shares his point of view.
- If you’re selling big-ticket items, you may only sell three or four years. As the deal size is big the resilience is sticky through the sales cycle, being prepared and making sure all the pieces are in place. But yes, you can fall into the trap of overthinking things, putting too much power in the hands of the buyer. Russell shares his thoughts.
- When you buy a car or something else, you mostly started the communication through email and the person on the opposite end tries to get a deal without giving full information to the buyer i.e. you.
- It’s important to make it easy for customers to do business with you as this helps get more effective results within the limited time.
- If you have long sales cycles, it becomes very easy to develop bad habits. It is part of resilience that makes you pay attention to the details even if you have been doing this for 30 years.
Russell’s implementation skills include operational management, executive coaching, and strategic facilitation and development as well as online/offline training and embedding.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.