Influence Customer Decision Performance
#SalesChats: Episode 33
Every sale involves two conversations, not just one, yet sales training only focuses on the conversation between the salesperson and the customer. There is another conversation happening concurrently, which is the internal buying conversation happening in the customers head called decision making. While you are having the conversation with customers, there is a silent secondary conversation happening for your seller. You can have a great selling performance, but if your buyer isn’t undergoing a good buying performance, the salesperson isn’t going to get the sale. Jeffrey Lipsius discusses influencing customer decisions in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• Achieving sales success through buying performance
• The importance of buying performance, and why it is so underemphasized in traditional sales training
• Tools for salespeople to attune to what is going on inside the customers head
• The three C’s to making quality decisions
• The importance of changing from a selling relationship to a coaching relationship in order for the customer to understand that the salesperson’s purpose is to help the customer make the best decision
• Utilizing questioning as a window to enter into the secondary conversation inside the customer’s head
• How customers stand in their own way and create obstacles to decision making, and how to lead the customer around these obstacles
• Performance is based on learning, and learning is based on observing
• How to start the process of influencing the customer decisions
• Utilizing buying points, questions that are centered around the customer’s needs
• Understanding when a customer is ready to buy or not
• Tips for sales managers to coach their salespeople to be more customer attuned
is President of Selling To The Point®-Sales Training and Consulting. Jeffrey has been training salespeople for over 30 years. His award-winning book, “Selling To The Point,” teaches salespeople to address a challenging new sales environment by being their customer’s “decision-coach”. Salespeople trained by Jeffrey have cumulatively sold over 2 Billion dollars worth of product.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.