#SalesChats Episode 16
Customer advocacy is often thought of as something that serves the salesperson, but this isn’t quite right. Customer advocacy needs to be customer oriented and customer focused. It can be tricky to navigate relationships with customers in a way that isn’t self-serving, but rather is service-centric and service-focused. Joel Capperella discusses customer advocacy in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The concept of being prescriptive to the customers, and understanding their business, almost better than they understand it themselves
- Understanding customer challenges on an individual, personal level, as well as on a large scale across the industry as a whole
- How to become a better professional by knowing the entire landscape
- The tension between marketing and sales, and how to temper it in order to collaborate around what the organization really needs to do and ensure everyone is on the same page for the customer
- Creating campaigns in order to generate opportunities for customer engagement
- Starting a process where there is a win-win, enjoyable experience for both salesperson and customer in order to naturally transform customers into advocates
- The importance of supporting the customer during the critical period straight after they make a purchase in order to ensure the product is successfully implemented, and how this leads to advocacy
- Examples of great customer advocacy and what that looks like in the real sales world
- The right time to ask for references from your customers
- Using technology to your advantage
- The major mistakes to avoid, like not asking your customers to be references, and failing to set appropriate expectations of advocacy from the outset
Joel Capperella helps companies get awareness, a bigger pipeline, faster revenue, and empowers sales enablement transformation. He has 20 years of strategic execution in enterprise software, SaaS and technical professional services, with juggernauts like SAP and Oracle.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.