Carman Pirie is the co-founder of Kula Partners, an agency that helps to lead B2B manufacturers craft digital experiences that transform how they engage buyers, serve customers, and outpace their competition online. Carman is also the co-host of The Kula Ring manufacturing marketer podcast. At Kula Partners, Carman serves as lead marketing and sales counsel to the firm’s diverse range of North American manufacturing clients.
Expert Insight interview with John and Carman go over the following points:
- What is the concept of some fatal flaws in the funnel and why salespeople need to be marketers? Explain this whole concept in detail.
- It is often seen that some salespeople don’t understand the actual meaning or the value of marketing or maybe they are reluctant to bring them in because of lack of knowledge. What are Carman Pirie’s views regarding the same?
- If a salesperson wants to enhance its marketing skills, then from where do they should start or what would be the good place to start?
- There is a need for a lot of marketing to avail of all the assets to have a brand on LinkedIn or whatever. It is a great place to start if you use customer testimonials because once you engage in marketing with your customer to get a testimonial and this is something that you can use in your sales process. Is it helpful to bring sales marketing together?
- What is the importance of testimonials and referrals in your marketing process?
- How a video testimonial is more effective in terms of marketing?
Fatal Flaws of the Funnel:
The funnel model is a modern mainstay, suggesting that marketing’s job is to bring prospects into the “top” of the funnel through a variety of tactics, convert them into leads, qualify and handle them, pass them to sales to assess the opportunities, and eventually close a few customers at the “bottom” of the funnel.
This model has been largely shaped by SaaS companies—companies that are operating in an entirely different reality than most B2B manufacturers.
- Funnel Flaw #1: The Myth of the Unlimited Top-of-Funnel
- Funnel Flaw #2: BANT is Bunk
- Funnel Flaw #3: The Organization-Centric Frame
- Funnel Flaw #4: B2B is P2P
- Funnel Flaw #5: You Can’t Always Be Helping if You’re Always Closing
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.