Looking to The Future
Wouldn’t you rather put yourself out of business than have a competitor do it for you? Joe Calloway, author, and business coach says the biggest obstacle to your future success is your present success. In this interview, he talks about how the constant upheaval in the marketplace means we should always be looking for our next best thing and finding our next success.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Taking steps to your next success
- Joe works with people that are already successful but they are looking for more.
- Some people are builders and some are maintainers. It’s a different skill set.
Cutting through the noise
- Joe helps people with ideas determine if 3 things hold true before moving forward.
- Following your passion doesn’t always mean you will make money. Make sure there is a market for your idea.
- Some people need to write down the next steps to move concept to action.
- We tend to overthink because we want perfection before launching an idea or product. Perfection is a get out of jail free card. It’s just not possible.
- Once an idea hits the market, your direction may change and that’s okay.
- We get bogged down in doing what we’re good at. Joe helps people identify what else people are good at and start working on that set of skills.
- Joe gives a personal example of an area he discovered he was also good at.
Doubt and change
- If we’ve been successful once can we do it again? You’ll never know if you don’t try.
- How do you sustain your present success but also pursue something else that could push you forward even more?
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.