From Zero to Sales Hero
Amy Lemire Simatos helps businesses, entrepreneurs, and sales teams improve profits while also being an inspirational keynote speaker and an author of the Amazon number one bestselling book, From Zero to Sales Hero: How to Double Your Sales and Income in Less Than 90 Days. In her book, she talks about 10 secrets that helped her go from 30% to 130% of her sales quota in 90 days. In this interview, she touches on some of those points and also the three factors of her “triple-A formula.”
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
The power of attitude
- This is a difficult thing for people to adapt to on a daily basis, but there are techniques to focus on it whether you have an hour or ten minutes.
The importance of activity
- Take a look at your calendar. Are you setting goals and tracking the activity that is going to get you there? Cut out the things that aren’t contributing to hitting your goals.
- Where are you placing blame? Is it always outside of yourself? Amy talks about how to build the skill of accountability.
- Don’t get caught up in the last amazing sale you made and think you don’t have to work as hard going forward.
Behind every sale is a sponsor
- There are typically many contacts within an account but few actually hold the decision making power. Don’t get trapped in the comfort of those initial relationships, and don’t fear the people that hold the power.
The trusted advisor role
- Buyers today are very sophisticated and have done most of their homework before talking to a salesperson. So as salespeople, we have to show up as the experts ready to discuss industry trends and ways to make the prospect’s job easier.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.