The Importance of a Positive Work Environment
A work environment can either foster growth or stifle it. Business and communication coach and consultant, Emrick Garam, gives advice on ways leaders can create the best environment for their teams to achieve business goals and greater success in the future.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Inspiration in business goals
- A good business idea should speak for itself.
- There must be some sort of inspiration behind an idea to develop a team that is going to care enough to see that idea through.
Bringing an idea to market
- Emrick likes to use past accomplishments as a way to motivate his team to achieve even greater success.
- It is necessary to give people a break every now and then so they don’t get burnt out. As a leader you have to know when these moments are necessary and when a project needs more energy and a faster pace.
Focus on positivity
- We spend a lot more time focusing on things that aren’t working well than focusing on the positive. Positivity can go a long way when working towards a goal. Especially one with a long timeline.
Tailoring communication from person to person
- Not everyone sees problems in the same way, so sometimes it is necessary to change your communication style accordingly within your team.
- Stepping away from a situation for a bit and coming back with a fresh set of eyes can be extremely helpful for innovation. The best ideas can be sparked in between work and relaxation time.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.