Become an Expert of Negotiations
Negotiations don’t always come naturally to everyone, and some of us absolutely despise this part of doing business. Negotiating is a learned skill that you acquire by practicing. Herb Cohen, a corporate and government negotiator, strategy consultant, and author, discusses what makes someone a great negotiator and common mistakes people make when getting into these types of conversations. He provides three crucial steps for success in negotiations and explores the importance of how you make people feel in the process of selling.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
- Mistakes people make when they approach negotiations
- Some people see negotiations as a competitive game but this is not the case.
- Is everything negotiable?
- Mostly everything came about as a result of a negotiation. Herb even has a book called “You Can Negotiate Anything” that was New York Times bestseller.
- Three Crucial Steps to Success
- Herb goes over his three crucial steps to success and how you have more power than you think you do.
- Selling as an honorable profession
- Salespeople should realize that they have a lot of independence and should be empowered by that.
- The best way to approach the customer
- The magic words of selling
- It’s not what you say, it’s the way you say it
- Why kids are successful negotiators
- Kids get what they want a lot of the time. Why is that? Maybe we could all learn a lesson from our younger selves.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.