The Keys to Resiliency to Prevent Burnout
Burnout is a widely discussed topic today not just nationally but globally as well. So many organizations have employees that are just plain burnt out. How does this relate to resiliency and what are leaders doing wrong? Eileen McDargh, Chief Energy Officer of The Resiliency Group, author, motivational speaker, and #1 ranked communication professional by Global Gurus, explains how we can look inside ourselves to redefine what resiliency means to humans. She discusses how certain leadership techniques, putting unnecessary pressure on ourselves, and not taking care of our bodies and minds are major causes of burnout.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
- There is no such thing as going back in the human system. So what does resiliency mean for us?
What does success look like to you?
- Our world is so digitally connected but at the same time emotionally disconnected. Social media has given us a window into our peers’ lives although that window is narrow and biased. We tend to compare ourselves to others 24/7. What are you really comparing?
Unrealistic expectations at work
- There are three things that motivate people and believe it or not, one of them is not money. It can be powerful to have validation outside of yourself.
Distracted and overwhelmed
- There is a difference between choosing to and having to. Try keeping a log of where your time goes and force yourself to be present.
How to keep your energy alive
- A practice from the middle ages that could help and learn how to take care of your body and mind
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.