Emotionally Intelligent Salespeople
Merit Gest, a stand-up comedian and business owner for over 20 years, works as a consultant and coach with companies large and small to improve their overall performance. She was previously the head of a sales training organization so she definitely knows how to develop sales skills and strategy. However, she created The Merit Method for Sales Mastery to emphasize the greater importance of the sales mindset which includes the things we say to ourselves as well as the things we say to others. She discusses the need to understand the relationship we have with ourselves first above anyone else to achieve sales mastery.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
The Merit Method for Sales Mastery
- It’s about being the type of sales professional that is deserving of the rewards of working with clients and earning.
- One of the most important things about sales mastery is the sales mindset. Skills come second.
- Salespeople need to understand the emotional mind specifically. Figure out your triggers because they can catch you off guard in situations.
Understanding the mind
- People think all they need are sales skills and strategy for sales mastery but they need more.
- Merit uses a few different assessment tools to help clients understand their internal, behavioral, and emotional mind.
- When’s the last time you did an inventory of your beliefs? Get rid of or rewrite “hand me down” beliefs!
- How we buy impacts how we sell – be careful what you project on your prospects and clients.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.