Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
A lot of people either don’t know they are in a comfort zone or recognize it and are okay with it. Ursula Mentjes, three-time bestselling author, award-winning entrepreneur, speaker, and sales expert, calls this “the danger zone” because if you’re not improving then what’s the point and what’s the fun in that? She talks about how she has seen a single limiting belief stop her clients from growing to the next level and other examples of limiting beliefs that stifle progress.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
What is the belief zone?
- Most people live in their comfort zone. What is outside of this can be referred to as a belief zone.
Breaking out of the comfort zone
- Sometimes we can be afraid of success but not really know why. Picking apart these limiting beliefs can help uncover truths and untruths.
- Talking about your biggest goals can help you realize you are in a comfort zone.
- You only post about the best moments in your life, right? So social media is not a true representation of the world.
- Be careful about comparing yourself to others and stay in your own lane.
- Stop pretending you are working when you’re not and have a to-do list.
- Ursula shares tips on how entrepreneurs can increase sales.
Taking the first step
- Some people get overwhelmed by the process and consequently don’t take the first step. Having a coach can help.
- You have opened yourself to accountability and self-doubt may start to creep in but ask yourself what’s really stopping you from moving forward.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.