About Rory Peters:
Rory Peters is a speaker, author, peak performance business coach, and leadership trainer. His mission is to help as many people as he can with attaining goals, both in their personal and professional lives. When evaluating the way he was able to personally achieve his goals, Rory came up with the 5 Steps to Success Mastery. He talks about each step and how you can’t take any of them out of the equation to succeed at a high level.
The interview covers the topic below:
- What are leadership and the three words to lead by?
- What is the exact meaning of the character?
- How do you do the self-assessment of your own character?
- You have relationships with different people across your organization. How to define the term ‘relationship’?
THREE WORDS TO LEAD BY:
In simple words, Rory defines a character is to the grain of who you are. It is all about what type of individual you are! It’s not about myself, it’s about how you going to help your team or organization; no matter where you are leading. Character is the building block. It is the foundation of everything you do.
Rory defines; your ability to lead is the important function of the relationships you built. In other words, try to build a relationship in such a way that people care about you as much as they care about themselves and they are interested in your success as well as themselves. You can offer three things to build relationships:
You offer yourself.
You allow people to get to know who you are.
You offer your time; one of the most valuable commodities.
Leadership is influence; nothing more, nothing less. It is the kind of the benchmark or the measurement. To be a strong leader, you need to be able to influence people.
Role of Attitude:
We are in control of our own attitude. You need to know exactly what you want to accomplish and decide to excel.
- If you’re second-guessing yourself, change your mindset. Replace negative images with positive ones.
- Deciding not to make a decision for attaining goals is making a decision too!
- How To Do Goal Setting!
- Rory talks about New Year’s resolutions.
- How do you remind yourself about attaining goals?
- You can develop good habits. Just take it one step at a time.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.