Sales POP - Purveyors of Propserity
TV Expert Interviews / Leadership / Dec 19, 2020 / Posted by Scott Halford / 202 

Emotional Intelligence and Neuro Leadership (video)

0 comments

While having a high IQ attributes to only 6 percent of work success, having an emotional intelligence contributes to a much higher percentage of work success. In this Expert Insight Interview, Scot Halford discusses emotional intelligence and neuro leadership. Scott Halford is an Emmy award-winning author on emotional intelligence, critical thinking, neuro leadership, and influence, Hall of Fame speaker, and consultant to Fortune 500 executive teams.

The interview discusses:

  • What role Emotional Intelligence plays
  • Importance of being mentally present in the interaction
  • How to build trust with the customers

Role of the Emotional Intelligence

In sales, we sometimes have to pick up the cues that people are communicating to us unconsciously. Communication is not just a verbal part, but a lot of non-verbal cues as well. Emotional intelligence enables us to read those non-verbal cues. Many people would say that emotional intelligence means having common sense, but rather it means knowing how to reason, behave, and bounce back during a crisis. For example, if you are in between two companies and do not know which one to choose because they both have bad reviews, go to see their responses to the bad reviews. Those responses show whether they deal in crisis with integrity and respect for their customers. In sales, the way how you treat customers in the moment of crisis makes a huge difference.

Presence

Nowadays, everybody loves to say how they are busy all the time. But is it busyness for real, or is it just a distraction? The modern world’s biggest distraction is definitely the smartphone. So, when we interact with someone, it is crucial to be mentally present in that interaction. That will make people feel valued and honored, and they will want to do business with you. Even though multitasking is a popular way of doing things, it is not efficient. We cannot efficiently focus on more than one thing at a time, and focusing on people we talk to is necessary to understand their intents and emotions. Thus, paying attention creates a certain level of trust in your clients.

Trust

Another component of trust is to make sure that you do what you promised. Emotional intelligence attributes to 69 percent of the work success, but the rest of the 31 percent goes to reliability. Make sure that you follow through with the people. That will make them look better in the eyes of their bosses, which will make them trust you more. Decision making in B2B sales is an emotional process because it can be career-enhancing or career-limiting. Many companies lose on the great opportunity because a client does not have that level of trust that the company is the right choice to decide to go with it.

Our Host

John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.

About Author

Scott Halford, CSP, CPAE is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer, an engaging presenter, and a long-time consultant to Fortune 500 executive teams. Scott is the Founder and Principal of Complete Intelligence, LLC.

Author's Publications on Amazon

Scott Halford shows us how we can all find these things if we simply understand how to activate the full potential of the brain. Combining research, anecdote, and inspiration, 'Activate Your Brain' shows you how small steps toward better brain function and management can eventually…
Buy on Amazon
A shortcut is a new catchphrase that identifies high-quality, influence, and value in employees and executives. 'Be A Shortcut' is a business book that provides new frameworks and tactics to help a broad range of individuals become the professionals their company can't live without.
Buy on Amazon
Comments (4)

0

Jemilat Ajani commented...

This is good, I enjoy how it was presented

0

Aanuoluwapo Asarin commented...

Wao this is great I love it

0

Nurudeen Balogun commented...

This is good, and I love it

0

Ibrahim Ajani commented...

This is great I love it

..
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. For information on cookies and how you can disable them, visit our privacy and cookie policy.