A sales process is a systematic, repeatable series of steps that map out and track interaction with prospects from their first point of engagement with your business through to a close.
Sales Process Steps – What Are They?
Easily master your sales process and generate more revenue using these 5 steps:
- Lead Generation (Outbound for Sales Reps)
- Qualify Leads (Budget, Capacity, Timing)
- Demonstrate Value (Translate into Prospect Needs, Wants, Desires)
- Guide Prospect Understanding (Manage Objections, Frame Thinking)
- Deliver and Support (Customer Satisfaction!)
Sales Process Steps – Explained
A standardized sales process steps outline not only the main sales steps but also the tasks to be accomplished successfully at each stage – which are absolutely necessary for effective sales pipeline management. Leverage these steps in the sales process to increase win probability, influence customer deal size, and speed pipeline velocity.
- Lead Generation: Master salespeople use lead bait and other outbound tools to perfect their sales process.
- Qualify Leads: Sales reps and other prospective customers want to make sure that you’re a good fit for them. Instead of spending time working on a lead that is impossible to win, qualify your leads beforehand so you don’t waste time.
- Demonstrate Solution: Once a sales rep knows the lead is qualified, it’s important to demonstrate to the potential customer that you can help them solve their problems, or implement helpful solutions.
- Deal or no deal: The sales rep must be able to anticipate and respond to the prospect’s objections, and be prepared to handle a “no.”
- Deliver!: The sales process doesn’t end with a signature. The final stage of the sales process is to actually deliver on the promises that you made and follow through on what was said in the first steps of the sales process.