A true customer relationship is an acknowledge and expected commitment based on mutually seen value. It’s understood on all levels within both business, your’s, and the customers, so there’s no confusion around how you work together and the best ways to deal with problems, challenges, and opportunities. Unfortunately, not all salespeople have true, proper relationships with their customers. Jermaine Edwards explores how to create deep customer relationships in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The importance of setting proper expectations from the beginning of the relationship in order to foster a healthy customer relationship
- Asking your customer key questions in order to understand where they come from and the baseline of how they view relationships, and aligning your engagement with these expectations
- Trust triggers, things that customers are looking for in their salesperson that buyers look for in order to assess their trustworthiness
- The importance of utilizing relationships as a competitive advantage
- How to create rapport and ensure that rapport is transferred to other people in the organization when they step in to assist the customer in other areas
- Handling the emotions that come up for both the buyer and salesperson through the relationship
- How to integrate customer relationship culture within a sales team and an organization
- Examples of organizations that manage customer relationships well, and examples of organizations that manage customer relationships poorly
- Pitfalls to avoid when trying to develop relationships
- The importance of going back to basics, and not getting caught in overly complicated techniques for building relationships
- Adapting to the shortcut culture, and managing unrealistic expectations about response times
Jermaine is an Inc. magazine featured author, and most interviewed customer growth and B2B relationship expert. He helps key account managers, sales leaders, account directors and consultants around the world become irreplaceable advisers, and repeat profit sales growth from their value customers.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.