Door Opening that actually opens doors!
#SalesChats: Episode 46
Door opening is very important for almost every business out there. It means that you are creating new relationships with people you don’t know and discussing the possibility of working together. Caryn Kopp discusses how to really open doors in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• The necessity of people to cling to their current contacts as opposed to working at creating new relationships
• The importance of targeting prospects at the right level in order to get connected with the people who can make concrete decisions
• If you don’t have the desire to network with people and create new contacts, or aren’t willing to do the job, it can be boring and tedious
• The skills required in order to be a good door opener, including listening, focus, and speaking succinctly with intent
• The kinds of messages that will get prospects to listen to you
• How to overcome objections: pre-think, prepare, and practice
• The tendency for salespeople to neglect preparation, and the importance of scheduling practice time
• The downside of qualifying success based on the quantity of leads and prospects, versus quality of leads and prospects
• Consider outside resources
• Remember that your prospects are people that need help
Caryn Kopp is the Chief Door Opener® at Kopp Consulting whose Door Opener® Service has helped thousands secure business meetings with high level decision makers. Caryn is a best-selling author, nationally recognized speaker, and an expert in Business Development.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.