Five Sales Rep Profiles
The Challenger Sale presents the findings of a survey of hundreds of frontline sales managers across 90 countries. This research revealed some interesting findings. To start with, the survey revealed that almost every B2B sales rep falls into one of five profiles.
Understanding your profile helps you understand yourself, and how to target your skills to be a better salesperson. This study also analyzed the percentage of salespeople that fall into each group, and how likely they are to close a sale when the environment is highly complex. If you find yourself in a category with a low percentage, having insight into how your personal traits might be altered to fit a profile type with a higher success rate.
- The Hard Worker: The hard worker makes up 21% of salespeople, and they have a 10% chance of closing a sale in a high complexity environment.
- The Relationship Builder: The relationship builder accounts for 20% of salespeople, and in a high complexity environment, they have only 4% chance of getting the deal.
- The Challenger: This type of profile tips, the challenger, matches 27% of sales reps. They are the most likely to close a sale in a high complexity environment with a 54% success rate.
- The Lone Wolf: Lone Wolves make up just 18% of a sales team, and are about 25% likely to close a sale in a high complexity environment.
- The Problem Solver: Last and least! The problem solver is the rarest kind of profile, with only 14% of salespeople matching the profile of a problem solver. They aren’t very likely to close a sale in a high complexity environment with a 7% success rate.
Sales Reps: Do the Right Thing and Advice for Brand New Sales Reps are a few of SalesPOP!’s many articles that will be of great help to new and old sales reps alike!
Highly recommended for sales experts