Embrace the Work, and Don’t Be Afraid to Get Dirty!
Achievement is a messy affair, and if you are NOT prepared to get dirty, chances are you won’t reach your desired destination. Success is not always the elegant result of a formula but requires the sometimes messy route to get to where you plan.
But what exactly does it mean to get dirty for sales success? Roy Osing, the author of the BE DiFFERENT or be dead Book Series, explains how with these 10 key tips.
- Make fast decisions: Pondering and over-analyzing doesn’t usually lead to sales success. Take the amount of data that you have, and make a decision. Don’t use valuable resources and waste time by over complicating the route to a decision.
- Have a Plan B: Let’s be honest, Plan A doesn’t usually work out. Have a backup plan ready to go, and don’t be afraid to use it!
- Embrace Imperfection: There is no such thing as a perfect solution. Imperfections will always exist, and embracing them will lead you to quicker success.
- Do it. Try it. Fix it.: Keep your feet moving, don’t lag between decisions.
- Align yourself with doers: Let others who are passionate about things be contagious! Pick up their passion, and take on their energy.
- Work outside your comfort zone: Not uncomfortable? You’re playing it too safe!
- Bend the rules: If you get to a point where a rule is less helpful than helpful, bend it!
- Do what needs to be done: Your job description is just a guide. Be the person who won’t let anything stand in their way.
- Avoid multitasking: Be wary of long, lengthy lists, and tackling too many things at once.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes: Make mistakes. Those who follow the growth model, and learn from their mistakes, achieve greater sales success.