Want Successful Sales Leadership? Improve your Goal Achievement Results
#SalesChats: Episode 42
Sales leadership is a vital part of a sales function. It remains one of the most difficult positions in the company. Leanne Hoagland-Smith discusses sales leadership in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• Why it’s important to have our own personal success in order to achieve professional success
• The lack of emotion involved, and the tendency to not connect emotions to opportunities, which results in a disconnect between salesperson and prospect
• The culture surrounding selling, and how a sales leader might struggle to manage a top performer
• Advice for setting yearly goals, including using “SMART” criteria that are written, actionable, present tense, and associated with an emotion
• How to measure goals on an ongoing basis, and utilizing self-assessment and self-reporting to continually improve
• Examples of what the best sales leaders do in order to achieve their goals and coach their clients
• The importance of asking the sales staff, “what do you need from me?”
• How to coach people who didn’t make their goals, and the importance of using emotional intelligence in this process
• Relationships, and their importance between the sales manager and salesperson, salesperson and prospect, and others
Leanne Hoagland-Smith is an international author, executive sales coach and Chief Results Officer for ADVANCED SYSTEMS, a sales leadership and management firm. She is the clarity strategist for forward-thinking leaders who wish to solve their SMB people and process including sales, leadership and culture problems.
Links › processspecialist.com | twitter.com | linkedin.com
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.