Sales Metrics that Matter in 2018
#SalesChats: Episode 45
Most organizations measure and examine sales metrics. But if a company isn’t tracking the right metrics, or using the metrics incorrectly, it can create complications and make it difficult to improve. Jason Jordan discusses sales metrics that matter in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• The specific metrics to look at when examining sales measurement and getting your team focused on the right things
• The importance of narrowing down the metrics you utilize
• Limiting the reporting and focus on the things that are important for better sales performance
• Stop focusing on what happened, and start examining what you can do to move forward so you don’t repeat the same problems
• Be focused on the right things that sales reps are doing, instead of the bad things they are doing
• How to look at the metrics and use that information to improve results
• Pinpoint what you want to change, the behavior, or the outcome, and then explore different ways to best help make these changes
• The best ways to enact change using the frontline sales managers
• How to collaborate on creating an outcome
• Survey the sales people regularly and explore if they get the right coaching from their sales managers; place metrics around sales managers
• The fallacy that successful salespeople will become successful sales managers
Jason is a recognized thought leader in business-to-business selling and conducts ongoing research into the management best practices of world-class sales forces. Jason’s extensive research into sales performance led to the breakthrough insights published in the book, Cracking the Sales Management Code (McGraw-Hill, 2012). For 20 years, Jason has worked internationally in industries such as technology, manufacturing, distribution, financial services, telecommunications, consumer products, health care, and hospitality. As a popular speaker and writer, he is a frequent contributor to the Sales Management Association, Harvard Business Review, Sales & Marketing Management, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Salesforce.com, and other industry groups.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.