Make Your Clients Your Marketing Team
#SalesChats: Episode 48
Salespeople strive for customer loyalty, but your clients will only be loyal to you if you make them feel good when they work with you. The idea of creating a positive experience for your customers and making them feel good while working with you is the starting out point in making your clients become your marketing team. Tanya Pluckrose discusses using clients as your marketing team in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• A 3-start client, which will hire you and want to work with you. They are very coachable and will brag about you for a short time after the close of the deal.
• A 4-star client will do all of the things a 3-star client will do, but they will also write a public testimonial on Yelp or your website or another review channel
• A 5-start client is a 4-star client, plus they will also vouch for you and refer you to others, even strangers, giving a verbal recommendation of you
• A 6-star client is a client who will brag about you, write testimonials, and speak testimonials, but they will also be on the lookout for new experiences for you. They feel so strongly that you made them feel special while they were working with you, and are will still be loyal to you decades later. They feel an emotional investment in you or your company.
• Three key areas that salespeople need to utilize in order to delight clients including appearance, approach, and accountability
• Reinforcing these crucial things throughout the entire sales process, not just in the beginning when you first connect with a prospect
• Ensuring the culture is upheld by all members of the organization, including the back of the house and other non-sales people
• Think like a client, but act like a CEO in order to anticipate the unexpressed needs of the client
• The best ways to start implementing accountability throughout all of the members of an organization
is an expert and thought leader on the subject of attracting and retaining high value clientele. Over the past 20 years she has lead teams for Qantas Airways that addressed the needs of more than 1.3 million diverse VIP customers, while safely managing the-state-of-the-art aircrafts, including the A380, valued in excess of US$375 million. In her private consultancy business, she helps companies create systems that attract and retain high value clients.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.