You wouldn’t take a long road trip without first consulting a map, just like you wouldn’t try to be successful in the business world without developing and consulting a strategy. Account strategies are fundamentally important and open up new opportunities to increase sales.
There are a variety of different definitions of account strategy. This is a disservice to organizations. Without a clear definition, it can’t be utilized properly. Richard Ruff discusses how to get account strategy right in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• The best definition of account strategy: a plan of action of getting the right message to the right person at the right time
• Creating a common, concise, actionable definition of account strategy that fits for your organization
• The overarching strategy for a specific account
• Best practices for creating an executing a good account strategy, including the importance of organizing information to create a plan of action, and other standards
• The importance of understanding the internal and external workings of a company, and developing the account strategy around that information
• Each company is unique, with unique processes. Therefore, a plan of action for account strategy needs to be customizable
• Who is responsible for driving the plan of action and ensuring it is executed
• Advice for sales managers to ensure they are able to handle the implementation of an account strategy
• Re-understanding the idea of a trusted advisor
• Understanding that an account strategy is a cultural change, not just a change for the salespeople
• The best first steps to implementing an account strategy
Richard has spent the last thirty years designing and managing large-scale sales training projects for Fortune 1000 companies. He is the best-selling author of the Sales Training Connection blog. He founded Sales Momentum, and designs new-generation sales training programs.
About Our Host
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
#SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
#SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSMO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.