For over 36 years Ron Karr has been in sales and leadership positions and is widely recognized as a sales success expert. Ron discusses his methodology, the Velocity Mindset, and 7 traits of great sellers.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
What is a Velocity Mindset?
- We all want to do more. But how do we gain speed? Ron talks about what we need to do, and not do, to achieve this.
Lack of focus
- The right kind of focus requires a customer-focused mindset.
- Are you going into the sales process as a salesperson or a leader?
Emails and voicemails
- Why don’t people reply to your emails or voicemails? Visualize your goals first and this might help. Don’t focus on the end-game.
Positioning and building alliances
- Be careful how you are positioning yourself when talking to prospects. Great sellers are seen as trusted advisors.
- Referrals are the best way to get business.
Asking good questions
- Questioning is a fundamental skill that some people still struggle with. Don’t ask status based questions.
- Make sure you aren’t making too many assumptions. Clarify, clarify, clarify!
- If you don’t have empathy, you are more susceptible to a self-focused mindset. Help get people to where they want to be and you will reap the benefits.
- There are a lot of things you need to understand about your buyer like what kind of risks they are taking.
- Great sellers get to the heart before the mind.
- Ask people about their goals. Get to know them and help them get there. They will be more likely to listen.
- If you can’t keep promises to yourself, you can’t keep them to others.
- Let people come to their own conclusions.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.