People can be so extremely hard on themselves. A large majority of our self-talk is negative. Dr. Steve Taubman is an author and former chiropractor who overcame anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem and has been using mindfulness and other techniques to help people with their own mindset management issues. Dr. Steve shares some great insight into our negative thinking and gives one solid piece of advice for getting yourself on the right track.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
What is mindset management?
- Most people believe we are victims of our circumstances, but not many believe that you can maintain wisdom, clarity, and excellence even when things are bringing you down.
How to reverse our negative mindset
- A great place to start is to make the decision to be happy. Dr. Steve shares other suggestions.
- You might think the ability to multitask is a good thing, but it could be working against you.
Lack of focus
- Our lives have become so busy that a lack of focus is more comfortable than focusing on one thing at a time. There is power in focus.
Discomfort comes with progress
- Comfort is the enemy of success. All of the best and most rewarding results happen when we push through the discomfort.
- Dr. Steve is a former hypnotist. He talks about how he helps people quiet their internal chatter and be present.
Don’t add fuel to the fire
- We add insult to injury by observing things we do and then reject them. Learn to observe those emotions from a place of non-judgemental awareness.
- You have a choice of how you use your imagination.
Fear of success
- It’s terrifying to think about jumping into a new way of being. Seek support from your closest friends and family.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.