A Tough Love Leader Gets Results
Spending time on things that don’t really matter halts progress toward meaningful goals, so sometimes we need a little push in the right direction. Motivational speaker and sales coach TShane Johnson explains how leaders should push and guide people more. They may not thank you when they are kicking and screaming, but they will when they start to see results. He talks about how the most successful leaders are the ones that actually get in the bullpen with their teams and show them the way instead of managing from a swivel chair.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Turning negatives into positives
- TShane has overcome a lot of challenges in his life, including being homeless and almost dying three times! He talks about how when we endure pain is when we experience the most growth.
Helping people understand success is hard
- All leaders experience leadership challenges. A great leader is going to push people towards success. Find your why to find your how.
- TShane explains his tough love approach to motivating people.
- People are sometimes more afraid of success than failure, and we tend to measure success based on how long and hard we work. What’s actually behind this?
- TShane talks about leadership challenges of helping people break the barrier of low self-confidence.
Being on the other side of failure
- We often come to expect failure and see it as just the norm. But when things start to go well for us, paranoia sets in.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.