Susan Harrow is a renowned media trainer, marketing strategist, and the author of “Sell yourself without selling your soul.” And for over 33 years, she’s trained thousands of CEOs, entrepreneurs, and assorted leaders by solving the world’s most pressing problems to turn their message into money using media appearances. In this expert insight interview, our host John and Susan discuss “how to prepare for a media and podcast interview?”
This Expert Insight Interview Discusses:
- Find your authentic voice while preparing yourself.
- Self-awareness in personal and professional success.
- Don’t Just Promote Yourself.
Preparation for a Podcast Interview
Interviews are a terrific way for you and your guests to discuss topics your audience would be interested in hearing about and spice up your podcast. Podcast interviews are more than chats with your podcast’s guests. It takes skill to create a fascinating and compelling interview.
The truth is, a lot of things happen before the actual interview. When recording interviews, it’s critical to be on top of your game constantly. Making the necessary preparations may make your interviews far more valuable and deserving of your listeners’ time.
It’s critical to go through your pre-interview routine before each podcast interview. This approach will alter based on the podcast presenter and the guest (s). However, in general, your pre-interview preparation should include the following:
- Confirming the date, time, and location of your interview with your guest (s)
- Sending your guest a list of questions you’ve prepared to ask
- Sending your guest a summary of the podcast format
- Check all required equipment twice.
- Getting to know your visitor(s) better
- Inquire with your guest if there is anything you can do to make them feel more at ease (this is critical!)
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.