Powerful Tips and Insights for Networking
What makes a good networker? You might think you are excellent at it and have nothing to learn here. But you might be coming across too strong and putting people off from the get go. Diane Darling, professional speaker, consultant, business coach, and author, defines networking to start and points out the parallels between it and relationship building. She provides great tips for different types of networking situations and ideas for opportunities to network you may not have thought of.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
- Networking online and face-to-face or hybrid networking
- Diane discusses the delicate balance to hybrid networking and what’s appropriate
- The importance of making someone feel included when networking
- What can you do if you’re shy by nature?
- By only being worried about your own insecurities about talking to someone, you’re not thinking about the fact that the other person might need what you’re offering. You wouldn’t want to deprive someone of that, would you?
- Body language, words, and voice in networking
- Some people don’t realize the kinds of messages that certain body language sends
- Beware of uptalk!
- First impressions are important. Learn the dangers of being too casual or too formal in early interactions.
- Places to network
- What are the informal and formal places to network, how to strategically pick out situations, and where to look for less obvious opportunities like the airport security line!
- Being cognizant of inclusivity in certain networking situations
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.