Are you focused on making end of year numbers? That is only half the job for Sales Management at this time of year, the other half is being focused on planning for next year! We have created a checklist of major issues all sales leaders must work on to ensure the New Year will start off quickly and your goals can be exceeded.
The following checklist is not in any priority format, but simply a quick read list and a set of recommended actions for any executive or sales leader as they plan for 2017. I have attempted to provide a list of resources, downloads or offers to assist in providing value and support for all of our readers. If you have other ideas or suggestions please comment within the blog so that all of our readers can benefit.
- Evaluate your sales team. What does each salesperson need to enhance their productivity in 2017? Who are keepers, who are laggards? I like to recommend that Sales Managers create a Personal Development Plan for each person, if you need a template Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
- Is your compensation plan working? Did it achieve your goals for 2016? In 2017 are the strategic goals of the company changing? Do I have to alter the sales compensation plan to help achieve the new goals? Take our online Sales Compensation Audit to determine any weak points or check out our blog for new ideas and select Sales Compensation
- Is your 2017 overall Business Planning in progress? Assess your entire business and develop a score by department using our online Business Assessment.
- Need to prepare a 2017 Sales Business Plan? Ask me for a template Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
- Concerned about 2016’s tendency to not achieve quota each month or your inability to Predict Revenues? Download our List of the Top 40 Actions Sales Managers must activate to build a high performance sales team.
- How many new salespeople do you need to hire during 2017? Do you have a recruiting marketing plan in place? How strong is your interviewing process and skills? Watch a video on recruiting and interviewing to help improve your organization.
- If you are hiring, then you must tighten up your new hire on-boarding process, this must be a priority for any sales organization, you can find a template on our Sales Managers Tool Kit. There are over 40 robust tools located in the tool kit.
- Time to plan your 2017 Sales Kick Off event; you need to have a theme for the year, make it fun, motivational and educational. Set the tone for your team at your kick off meeting, my blog has many ideas for this kind of event or ask for ideas or speakers for the meeting, select Sales Kick Off Ideas category
- Does your sales team need new formal sales training? Check out two sites for an online video training courses that offer low cost, mobile access and adult training methodology. ChannelEQ.co or Sales Gravy University
- HINT: at your 2017 Sales Kick Off Meeting you should have your entire Quarterly Sales Training Plan ready to hand out, topics must include: Sales Training, Product/Services Training and Sales Operations.
If you have questions on any if these ideas let me know.
This is the time of the year to evaluate your successes, determine what issues must be changed or improved, and finish planning for the new year and also by the way…… exceed your 2016 quotas!
Have fun and go sell something!