Sales POP - Purveyors of Propserity
TV Expert Interviews / Entrepreneurs / Jul 30, 2020 / Posted by Carter Wilcoxson / 2774

Digital Transformation in Estate Planning (video)


How did the digital transformation impact financial services? In this Expert Insight Interview hosted by John Golden, Carter Wilcoxson discusses the digital transformation in estate planning.

This interview discusses:

  • The Ever-changing plan
  • How to Build Foundation

Ever-changing Plan

Estate is everything you own. Estate planning is basically creating an ever-changing plan for everything you own. There is a 90 and 90 formula. This formula means that 90 percent of your estate plan is done in less than 90 minutes. The other 10 percent is left for the only thing that is constant – a necessary change. Because of the rise in digital transformation, the clients can now make those necessary changes in real-time with the help of advisers they previously made the plan with. The important thing is that estate planning is not a one-person job. The multidisciplinary approach brings the whole team of different disciplines together and helps the advisers not to feel overwhelmed. That way the client is getting the best possible service and experience. Estate planning is not a one-time plan, it is as dynamic as life. Contrary to the traditional way of doing business which requires a bunch of paperwork and thick binders, the technology offers the software to transform the old traditional model to an online platform. So, it is a traditional model done in a new, more efficient, cost-effective digital way. The online network empowers the connectivity between the clients, advisers, and the rest of the team such as for example lawyers, but it keeps the client in control of everything. The online platform which is able to make changes in real-time really takes the pain out of the long paperwork process.

Build Foundation

The process must be done properly by a financial adviser first taking care of the foundational plan. Building a strong foundation at the beginning helps the client to feel that he or she can trust the organization in different specialties as well such as life insurances, annuities, assets, etc. The general assumption people have about financial advisers is that they just want access to people’s money so they can do whatever they want with it. Thus, creating a trustworthy relationship with the client is of the highest importance. There are three components that need to be done for a successful estate planning process. You need to elevate the client experience, create professional contrast, and competitor proof the clients that you want to work with in the future. The point is, not only in the financial services but in other industries as well, that you should not try to sell up all your services to the client right away, but to build trust by doing the foundational work and the rest will come by itself.

Our Host

John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist, he has conducted over 1500 video interviews of thought leaders for Sales POP! online sales magazine & YouTube Channel and for audio podcast channels where Sales POP! is rated in the top 2% of most popular shows out of 3,320,580 podcasts globally, ranked by Listen Score. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.

About Author

Carter Wilcoxson Founder of CSI Financial Group. For close to two decades, Carter Wilcoxson has helped the top advisors in the country break their own production records year after year. Then he worked directly with consumers to gain the frontline perspective advisors face every day.


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. For information on cookies and how you can disable them, visit our privacy and cookie policy.