Evan Carmichael is an internet entrepreneur. At age 19, he built and sold a biotech software company. At age 22, he was a venture capitalist helping startups raise funds ranging from $500,000 to $15 million. Evan now runs EvanCarmichael.com, a website to help entrepreneurs.
Evan’s interview with John Golden goes over these topics:
- Developing any level of self-awareness is not an easy task for most of the people and certainly when you don’t have any level of self-awareness. Yes, it makes interacting and works difficult sometimes as well as it does affect the personal level of interaction. So what is the exact meaning of self-awareness and why it is so critical?
- How to encourage people to figure out their core values?
- What is the next step to achieve after identifying the importance of your core values?
- On the journey to self-awareness, go and find that point where you were weak; confront it, embrace it, and realize it that going to actually help you move forward. How important it is to realize your true purpose?
- How to learn from other people and make them our model to proceed in life?
- How to help people realize that they can follow a model and get success in life?
One of the things in your self-awareness journey is to understand what your limiting beliefs are what is holding you back. At the end of the day, you must ask yourself is this really what you want to do and if you are going to do it; are you prepared to do it! Yes, there is a lot of pressure on people regarding their succession but they need to learn that it’s totally okay if they don’t.
Today, we live in a very strange culture i.e. the comparison culture as we all have these social media interactions and it’s very easy to fall into the trap of constant comparison and it’s very self-defeating and is false in many ways too. How to tackle these kinds of circumstances?
Sometimes you need to take chances and do certain things and if they don’t lead to a certain destination, it’s okay. May be that lead to some other path or to your final destination.
Evan believed in stuff like – finding something missing in your niche community if you want success, use your pain to help others and grow your business, don’t expect your first try to work perfectly, continue to make quality content for your market, focus on serving your market and a lot more. Go through the video and get an exact idea of the whole concept!
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.