About Kevin Graham:
Kevin Graham is an author, speaker, and expert on empowerment, sales, and leadership. As managing director of Empowered Sales Training, Kevin works with organizations to empower sales success. He’s qualified for President’s Club status in three Fortune 500 companies, carried the Olympic Torch and played in a national championship too. Kevin also serves as managing director of Empower Me Photo and his first book was released in 2010, entitled Weight Loss Empowerment, 50 Ways to Lose Your Luggage.
Sales expert insights with Kevin Graham and John Golden cover these topics:
- Today we will talk about solution selling. Why it is still important to focus on the tip of the spear or top of the funnel, solution selling?
- A lot of organizations are heading into the latter part and many of them may be panicking about the numbers and felt that they are not shaping up in the way they would like them to. What are some of the things that companies and the sales teams or managers need to focus on to maximize the last part of the year?
- How difficult it is to get people to go back up the pipeline and realize that where they can make a difference and add value in the early stages and not coming in as the super closer?
- How to help people to go back to the fundamentals and make them realize that it is still the hard yards account?
- A lot of times, you can easily track what happens to you later in the process and what didn’t happen earlier in the process. One of the things that we all know that is one of the traps that people fall into is relying on only one or two contacts. Is it right to do?
STRONGMAN Solution-Selling Model:
Solution selling is complex and very exciting. Whether you’re selling Business Process Automation (BPA) or another form of solution it is likely that you have a tough job that involves a great deal of complexity.
There may be dozens of decision-makers and while all of them may not be required to say “Yes,” chances are that ANY of them could say “No.” You could be faced with all sorts of competing projects across the enterprise and political and financial landscapes can change quickly.
If you’re involved in complex selling cycles or selling a product or service that requires a broader decision-making-unit, you’d be well-served to consider each letter from the STRONGMAN model.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.