New Value Drivers For 2015 and Beyond #
SalesChats Episode 5
Understanding what drives value is one of the most important things for an organization. If you can’t bring value to your customers, you can’t sell to your customers. A landmark survey of over 799 executives was conducted in order to explore buyer perceptions of value. This survey asked two questions. The first is: in the last two years, have you made a significant purchase of a product or service from someone other than the low price provider? If they said yes, they were asked: Why did you do that? What was the number one reason that you chose to do business with that supplier? Matt McDarby discusses the results of this survey with John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- Why buyers make certain buying decisions, and why they make decisions based on things other than price
- The top three value drivers for customers: Trust, feeling the product was the best fit for the organization’s needs, and feeling as if the salesperson understood the result they wanted to achieve and could help them achieve it
- The importance of salespeople asking the customers what they want to achieve, and why many salespeople don’t do that initially
- Avoiding reliance on the product demo, and setting the tone for success when you set a customer up with a free trial
- How the changes in buyer behavior influence value drivers
- The necessity of having a variety of different ways to assess what the buyer’s expected outcome is
- Starting the process by adding value by looking for queues in buyer behavior, and then coming up with a specific and measurable next step for them to take
- What sales leaders can do to operationalize value creation on behalf of their entire sales team
Matt is the founder of United Sales Resources and Managing Director at Specialized Sales System, a sales performance company focused on sales management coaching and specialized sales system development. He is the author of The Cadence of Excellence and many sales white papers and advisory briefs.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSMO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.