Negotiating Successfully with Modern Buyers
#SalesChats: Episode 52
Negotiation has been a bit overlooked in the sales world, but people are beginning to realize it is a necessary skill. Tony Perzow discusses negotiation successfully in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• Why negotiation is its own skill instead of just part of the sales process
• How negotiation is a conversation, but with pressure to achieve the goal
• The common problem of people thinking that they are good at negotiations when they’re really not. Most people haven’t learned the necessary skills and don’t really know how to do it
• The most effective negotiation strategies a modern buyer might use, and how salespeople can use competitive selling in order to sell successfully
• Ensuring your negations are successful, but still in line with your ultimate goals and expected profit margin
• Confidence, and its importance in negotiation
• How salespeople can prepare for their roles outside of work hours
• Why salespeople need to prepare, and the importance of planning for a call and negotiation
A former negotiation trainer at the Karrass Organization and Vice President of negotiation training at Strategic Pricing Associates, Tony’s mission as a trainer and author is to help others be insanely successful. He has trained top executives from many of the leading Fortune 500 companies.
About Our Host
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSMO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.