Asking Killer Question to Close Deals Faster
#SalesChats: Episode 22
If you’re in sales, you know that questioning is a key tool to have in your armory. But not every salesperson is asking the right questions, or listening to the responses that their clients give. Andy Paul discusses asking killer questions in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- How asking questions demonstrates interest, and how interest leads to building a relationship
- The vital importance of sincere, authentic questioning
- How to prepare questions ahead of time, but still come across as authentic and personalized
- Utilizing technology to gather information and write targeted questions
- The importance of asking questions about the buyer, and not focusing too much on yourself as the salesperson
- Listening to the answer to the questions that you ask, and using the answer to continue asking pertinent questions
- Listening without assumptions in order to avoid judgement
- “And what else” questioning to get the buyer off their standard responses for salespeople
- Examples of good opening questions that force the customer to pause and think, including asking the customer something they should know about their business, but don’t
- The biggest mistakes salespeople make when asking questions, including not learning lessons from previous poor questioning, and asking for too much information too soon
- Getting salespeople to think deeply and be thoughtful, especially about how they provide value for the customer
Andy Paul helps sales teams and salespeople accelerate their sales. He delivers workshops, presentations, and customized coaching programs shaping the sales process, to amp up sales productivity and accelerate sales by moving customers to make fast and favorable decisions.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.