#SalesChats: Episode 48
In large-scale deals especially, executive engagement is almost always required. It can be difficult to get this executive engagement, though, which can severely hinder your ability to close a deal. Lisa Magnuson discusses executive engagement in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The difference between executive engagement and other types of engagement
- The importance of having an executive sponsor if you are trying to close a large deal
- How risk and reward and profit drivers influence executives
- Techniques to move from the person in the company who has the need that you make initial contact with, up the ladder to the executive and final decision makers. This involves paving the road for executive sponsorship early in the sales cycle and getting support from the person you have day to day contact with
- Motivating your day to day contact person so they will sponsor you and vouch for you to upper-level management that ultimately makes the decision
- The most important thing you can do as a salesperson: Pre-call planning
- How to be confident in what you bring to the table, and have an equal, yet respectful conversation
- Ensuring you create a strategy for dialoguing with executives
- Building on your initial contact with the executive in order to create a continuing relationship and keep the door open through building value
is an expert in corporate strategic sales and TOP Line Account™ revenue building. As a respected sales consultant and author, Lisa works with clients to build successful strategic sales programs that drive revenue from large new accounts and enable growth from existing high value customers. Learn more at Top Line Sales.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.