Developing Tomorrow’s Sales Professionals
#SalesChats: Episode 50
DuPaul University created a center for sales leadership to help educate the future salespeople of the world. Daniel Strunk, managing director of the program, discusses developing sales professionals in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The reason why technology should be utilized in order to develop sales professionals
- Customer relation management software, and why it is essential
- How sales relies on technology to be more productive
- The advantages that students have when they are trained and familiar with using CRM systems before entering the workforce
- The benefits that organizations see in students who are already trained in sales and work ready
- Speed, accuracy, and other top techniques that individuals should learn and practice before entering the sales world
- The success rates of graduates that are developed in university programs
- What the future of sales looks like, and the role that well developed professional salespeople play
- How technology and a savvy salesperson combine for a winning combination
- The importance of continuing education, even after graduation
Daniel has over 40 years’ experience in top executive positions in sales, marketing, consulting and technology. Currently he’s Managing Director of The Center for Sales Leadership at DePaul University in Chicago, and textbook author of Principles of Category Management and Sales Strategy & Technology.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.