7 Point Success Path To Your High Performing Sales Process
#SalesChats: Episode 27
The sales process is vital, and yet so many organizations don’t understand processes or don’t implement them. If you want predictability and consistency, or you want to scale, it’s important to have defined metrics that are meaningful and actionable in nature so that you can predict and understand how to get to the revenue goals that you’ve established. Marylou Tyler discusses a high performing sales process in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The first steps required to get started developing, integrating, and maintaining a sales process
- How to leverage people, process, and technology to understand what you already have to help reach your goals, and what you need to add in order to get where you want to be
- Addressing the resistance that salespeople often have towards using a sales process
- Even considering the difference between each customer, there is still a process at play
- The importance of movement through the sales process and through the pipeline, and how to generate a predictable revenue formula that will keep deals moving
- Predictable revenue = the pipeline itself + average deal size + time
- Signs of stagnation, and how to remediate this and get your buyer moving through the sales process again
- What metrics and analytics to examine both inter-stage and intra-stage to understand a companies unique benchmarks
- The importance of putting thresholds on each step of the process
- Quality versus quantity leads, and the dangers of packing a lot of things into the pipeline to give the false idea of revenue potential
- Creating checks and balances for prospecting lists
- Common errors that companies make when trying to create and implement a sales process
- Ensuring you use a customizable CRM system
- Examples of positive implementation of a sales process
is a renowned sales process improvement expert, author, speaker and the CEO of Strategic Pipeline. She has helped businesses like Apple, Bose and UPS grow their revenue by increasing their sales pipelines. Marylou’s passion is helping B2B sales professionals go from cold conversations to qualified opportunities.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.