#SalesChats: Episode 40
Melissa Madian discusses sales enablement in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The key components of a successful sales enablement programs, including the importance of keeping it simple and ensuring that it’s scalable
- The three key pillars of a successful sales enablement program
- Pillar one, ongoing enablement: what is being sold, who it is being sold to, and how it is being sold
- How to ensure your sellers understand the three key pillars and training them around these pillars
- Why some organizations miss sales enablement, and how it is often confused for product training
- Ensuring that sales enablement is focused around solving problems for customers, and framing it in a context that is buyer centered
- Pillar two, onboarding
- Integrating the new salesperson into the context of a sales process and the culture of the organization
- Pillar three, recruiting
- Why sales functions neglect the recruiting piece
- The importance of understanding the ideal rep profile, and working with HR to identify and locate people that meet the profile
- The long-term impact of having a working sales enablement system
- The consequences of not having a successful sales enablement process
- Ensuring that you are using the right tools, and that they are simply integrated into the organization
- Understanding how to fix a problem, and solving that problem by leveraging current tools are adjusting the sales process, as opposed to bringing on new tools that will overcomplicate things
- The importance of executive management buy in when integrating a new sales enablement system
T. Melissa Madian
has spent the past 20 years in sales, customer experience, and developing corporate frameworks to make sales and customer success teams more effective. She is currently the Principal at TMM Enablement Services. She was one of the first people to pioneer the “sales enablement” role within an enterprise corporate structure, and loves seeing teams grow personally and professionally by leveraging the training and coaching she provides. She has successfully produced over 15 Sales Kick Offs and 50 Quarterly Business Review meetings, built world-class sales onboarding programs and created training academies for several SaaS companies.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.