Lead Generation & Filling The Top of The Funnel
#SalesChats: Episode 48
Lead generation and filing the top of the funnel is a top goal for salespeople and sales managers. This includes engaging prospects to position yourself or the product in a way that provokes interest, and then filter them down the rest of the sales funnel, through each stage in the buying process, until they close a deal. Monika D’Agostino discusses lead generation in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• The importance of finding the right target audience, and how to locate qualified leads within that audience, starting with research
• Quality of leads is better than the quantity of leads
• The hesitancy of salespeople to target people that aren’t in their target market, and how to overcome this hesitancy
• Developing communication styles that are specific and targeted to your ideal buyer
• Top tactics to generate qualified leads using a comprehensive and holistic approach
• Mindful engagement and creating a feeling for the prospect that they matter, which starts with the salesperson doing research before interacting with the prospect
• The importance of using LinkedIn, and how to leverage it as a tool in order to network, generate leads and build your buyer persona
• Utilizing the best listening skills and tracking what the buyer says so that you can have insightful conversations with your buyer
• Tips for qualifying leads, and understanding what clients would be good for you and a suitable fit for your organization
• The importance of knowing who you are engaging with within the organization, and who the decision maker is
• How to create a set of strategically designed questions that are designed to uncover your prospect’s need
is a business growth expert and the Founder of the Consultative Sales Academy, a company that provides sales expertise consulting, C-Level Lead Generation as well as the unparalleled blended e-Learning & Live Consultative Sales Certification Training Program. Monika’s key expertise lies in her ability to guide her clients to embrace a consultative sales approach that helps them establish a common Sales & Service Language which ultimately results in increased revenue, shortened sales cycles and more ideal prospects and clients. Monika is also the author of the book “Selling & Dating – And How They Are Similar”
Links › consultativesalesacademy.com | twitter.com | linkedin.com
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.