How Sales Can Become More of a Strategic Weapon
#SalesChats: Episode 48
Most organizations underutilize the sales function. They treat things more tactically instead of strategically, with an emphasis on how to practice the art of sales and be more efficient. It’s a short-term oriented function. There’s a huge missed opportunity to make sales more strategic. Roy Osing discusses using sales as a strategic weapon in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• How to push a product using relationships
• The role of bonuses for the sales staff
• Understanding strategic value creation and how to implement that so that salespeople can change ineffective patterns
• How to demonstrate the long-term advantage of utilizing strategic selling using both the sales leader and the sales team working collaboratively
• The little things that salespeople can do, like role definition change
• The importance of business acumen for strategic salespeople
• Be different, or be dead
• A few first, practical baby steps for sales leaders to transform their sales team strategically focused, starting with redefining sales
• Challenges to getting a strategic approach implemented and utilized
Roy Osing is a former President and CMO with over 33 years of leadership experience covering all the major business functions including business strategy, marketing, sales, customer service. He is a blogger, content marketer, educator, coach, adviser and the author of Be Different or Be Dead.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.