The High Cost of a Salesperson
#SalesChats Episode 8
Often when we talk about selling, we talk about communicating and engaging with prospects, and the skills involved in actually selling. It’s also important to remember the business of managing the sales team in order to minimize unnecessary costs. The financial requirements involved in things like hiring, training, and sales activities can lead to waste if not understood and managed properly. Particularly from a managerial level, it is essential to properly handle critical assets effectively in order to get desired results. Dave Brock highlights the business of selling in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- Why calculating the cost of a sales function is shied away from
- The costs of hiring, and how onboarding each person is a multi-million dollar decision after considering the revenue that they are expected to earn
- Why being driven by desperation can cost you more money in the long run
- How ongoing coaching plays into the costs of maintaining a selling entity. Training should not be seen as an event, but rather an ongoing commitment to reinforce information. It is an important investment that when overlooked leads to poor results.
- Getting ROI from sales activities. Ensure you are being proactive, and utilizing a well-established sales process.
- The importance of integrating coaching and business management in an achievable, focused way
Dave has spent his career developing high-performance organizations for both startups and Fortune 25 names like IBM, HP, GE, and Microsoft. As a consultant, he is recognized as a thought leader and strategic planner who employs pragmatic methods to execute high-impact results.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.