Common Sales Management Problems
#SalesChats: Episode 39
The major issues that sales management face, include time, trying to respond to emails and communicate with both salespeople and upper management, and ensuring that there is sufficient time for training their sales team. Juggling all of these major issues, plus the minor issues, and day-to-day work responsibilities, can be quite the struggle. Suzanne Paling discusses sales management problems in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- How to navigate between the sales team and upper management
- Understanding the role of sales manager, and the differences between the salesperson job and sales manager job
- The limited training that sales managers get, and how to overcome this limited training
- Leadership’s influence on how successful the sales manager is, and how well they are trained
- The circle of doom
- How the sales manager functions as the greatest revenue multiplier in the organization
- The importance of learning as a sales manager, including professional training, self training, and understanding the motivations of their sales people
- Why sales managers should spend the vast majority of the time with their top sellers, and provide them special training
- If you are entering a new company as a sales leader, ensure you do your research and understand the expectations of the job
- Utilize coaching techniques, not telling techniques
- Using assessment measures in order to critique salespeople, depersonalizes criticisms, and provides structure
is a recognized leader in sales management, has over 25 years of experience in sales management consulting and coaching. She has helped more than 55 companies improve their sales performance and processes. Clients include product and service firms in the manufacturing, software, publishing, distribution, medical, and construction industries. Docurated selected Suzanne’s blog as one of their “Top 50 Sales Management Blogs.” She writes for Entrepreneur.com and American Business Magazine, publishes a monthly newsletter and was profiled in The New York Times Small Business column. Suzanne is the author of two award-winning books The Accidental Sales Manager, (Entrepreneur Press) and The Sales Leader’s Problem Solver (Career Press).
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.