Surrounding Yourself with Superstars
Finding top talent is a problem for a lot of companies for multiple reasons. Frank Pacetta, internationally renowned motivational speaker, author, and sales executive, believes organizations and their cultures can and should be like a great sports team or family. In this interview, he discusses how to recruit the best people and set them up for success.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Two issues with recruiting top talent
- You can’t use a cookie cutter approach to finding top talent.
- It’s about relentlessly searching for talent. Think about the far-reaching positive effects.
- It’s so easy to slack off on constantly looking for new people. Maybe the company didn’t do so great last quarter. Think big picture.
- You have to work hard to keep the best talent too.
Securing top talent
- There are multiple ways to discover top talent. Frank lists a few.
- Who is going to come in and be a positive impact on the culture you’ve built?
How to integrate the superstar
- This is going to take a tough discussion. It’s important to set clear expectations.
Hitting the ground running
- Frank talks about how to ensure the superstar hits the ground running and there isn’t a window for people to second guess your decision.
- Ask the recruit what their team members would say about them in 6 months.
Being a role model
- You don’t want your newest superstar hire to be successful just in their own work. You want them to bring about positive change throughout your whole team.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.